Friday 25 March 2011

Professional Avoider of Confrontation

Today, I tackled my issues, quite successfully...by running around the office with them echoing behind me....

First triumph.....escaping the noise escaping I'll Have One, who used the express lane to self serve the party snacks on the share table in record breaking speeds. I have raged about this before but it comes up most days......she will enter the office with food on the brain....she even sings her own mantra...

'food food,
time for food,
food food,
i need some food'.
(Repeat x 4/5)

This continues until she has managed to march to the kitchen to get her lunch box (hamper size).

Today she munched on the crisps like a bunny rabbit chowing a carrot. Sometimes, I almost want to vomit at her desperate hunt for food. Her lips and mouth move so fast, I am fixated. More recently this fixation is spawn out of disgust....it used to be in amazement at her oblivion.

It is like she is in her own race to finish the biscuit barrel, or office left overs. Chomp chomp chomp, faster faster....I am possibly more weird for finding this so trippy.....possibly a little over sensitive....but I am faced with it for 8 hours of the day..... Today, I could take it no more. I left the room in haste and sat silently in the kitchen, my safe haven. I didn't fix the problem long term, but in the short it made me feel a lot better.

Second Triumph..........for once, I had been relieved of my duties as Team Taxi. Most days after work I am taxi for three. 1/3 does not live on my route home, so, invariably, whilst all my colleagues are chilled out at home, I am still stuck in traffic trying to get home to make the most of what is left of the evening. I don't even know how the lifts got started...now they don't even ask if it is ok and simply wait at my car....today, 2/3 had the day off and I wished for once I could drive the scenic beach route home (quicker for me). So I thought, why not?.....I will just leave, and make sure that I do this, why shouldn't I? I will just tell 3rd passenger that I cannot drop her home tonight, simple......... so simple, that when I walked into my office and saw said passenger stood at my desk........i spun on my heels and ran back to my safe haven. I stayed there long enough for her to become bored and resign to come back later....I took this opportunity to sneak out the door whilst she was unaware.....avoidance, short term solution, long term ignorance.

Tomorrow, I hope to grow some balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment